Visa and Mastercard's Website Requirements
In order to meet Visa and Mastercard's policies for online processing (ecommerce), your website must meet the requirements detailed below.
During the application process, these can be in a development environment.
- Showcase the Name of your Business (Doing Business As/DBA) on your website.
- Secure the Page where your customers’ payment card information is entered using a valid SSL Certificate.
- Post your Customer Service phone number, email address, or physical address for customer correspondence on the website.
While not required, the additional suggestions below will help you create an optimal customer experience and help reduce exposure to chargebacks:
- List country of permanent establishment en route to checkout.
- List your products or service offerings clearly with prices and descriptions.
- Display your full Return/Refund/Cancellation policy to your customers.
- Advise customers on what to expect for delivery method and timing.
- Include a statement about known tariffs, export taxes, or any other applicable restrictions.
- Display the logos for the Card Brands you accept (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc).
When your account begins processing, Helcim will notify you 50 days from processing your first payment transaction if your website is non-compliant. You will have 10 days from the date of non-compliance notification to become compliant or risk a funding hold. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-643-5246 if you need assistance, or when you're ready to have your website reviewed for compliance and funds will be released after becoming compliant.
These requirements are mandated by the Card Brands and are important. If your website is non-compliant, your processed funds may be held pending website compliance. Please don't delay, and as always, get in touch with us if you have any questions.