Creating a Discount Code
If you want to offer a special discount or promotion, you can set up the discount code under the
Discount Codes settings under
Merchandising and Invoicing.
To get started, select
Settings in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
Settings menu, select
Merchandising and Invoicing and
If you have any existing Discount Codes, they will be displayed on the main landing page once you click on the
Discount Codes option under settings.
To create a new code, click on
New Discount Code in the top right-hand corner of your screen. This will open up the editable form where you can enter the discount code information.
You can customize the discount code information based on the discount that you want to offer to your customers. Enter the following information to create the code:
- Name – How you want to reference the code
- Code – The information you want customers to enter
Start Date and Expiry Date – The time frame you want the discount to be available for
Entering in the Discount Types allows you to further customize the options.
Type – Select Percentage Discount, Amount Discount, or FREE Shipping
If you only want to apply the discount code to some of the products that you offer, you can use the Limitations drop-down to customize the offering. Choose between:
- No Limit – The discount will be applied to all transactions
- Specific Customer – The discount will only be available for a specific customer
- Specific Product – Provide discounts for certain products
- Specific Product Variant – Apply the discount only to a specific Product Variant
- Specific Category – Apply discounts only in certain Product Categories
- Specific Brand – Only apply the discount to a certain brand Once you select a limitation, you can search for the specific item you want the discount applied to.
Finally, adding in
Usage Limits can help you control how many times a discount code can be used and how many times a customer can use the same code. Select a number for each category based on how many times you want to offer a specific discount.
Save to create the discount code.
If you want to review how many times your Discount Code has been used and which customers are using it, you can do so in the
Code Usage Log.
When a customer uses the code, their information will show up on this screen.