Accept Credit Card - Manually Keyed
The information in this article is for merchants using Helcim's Legacy System. If you signed up for Helcim on or after June 1, 2020, please click here.
Please note that if you are processing a Visa/ MasterCard Debit card in Canada, you must fill in the AVS info (step 10 below).
New Transaction from the Dashboard and choose
- Enter the amount.
- Choose the type of transaction you are processing (Purchase, Preauth, or Refund)
- Toggle tax calculation on or off.
- Choose whether the customer is able to add tips to the transaction (not available for Preauth or Refund).
- Choose whether the customer has to sign once the transaction is approved.
- If you would like to associate a customer and/or an order, toggle “Optional Fields” on and fill in the information.
- If applicable, unplug the reader or choose
Manual Credit Card Entry
- Fill in the card number, expiration date, and Security (CVV) code.
- Toggle the Optional Address Verification to enter AVS information. Please note anything entered in the Optional Fields, will automatically transfer here, but can be changed manually.
- If Tips are enabled, customer can then choose what percentage to tip; please note the tip amount will be on the total before taxes. These percentages can be adjusted in your Settings.
- If signature is enabled, the customer must sign before proceeding. The signature will be stored with the transaction in your Commerce account.
- The next screen will give you the option to e-mail the receipt to the customer, which can also be skipped.