Accept Credit Card (Manually Keyed)
Please note that if you are processing a Visa/ MasterCard Debit card in Canada, you must fill in the AVS info (step 10 below).
New Transaction from the Dashboard and choose
- Enter the amount.
- Choose the type of transaction you are processing (Purchase, Preauth, or Refund)
- Toggle tax calculation on or off.
- Choose whether the customer is able to add tips to the transaction (not available for Preauth or Refund).
- Choose whether the customer has to sign once the transaction is approved.
- If you would like to associate a customer and/or an order, toggle “Optional Fields” on and fill in the information.
- If applicable, unplug the reader or choose
Manual Credit Card Entry
- Fill in the card number, expiration date, and Security (CVV) code.
- Toggle the Optional Address Verification to enter AVS information. Please note anything entered in the Optional Fields, will automatically transfer here, but can be changed manually.
- If Tips are enabled, customer can then choose what percentage to tip; please note the tip amount will be on the total before taxes. These percentages can be adjusted in your Settings.
- If signature is enabled, the customer must sign before proceeding. The signature will be stored with the transaction in your Commerce account.
- The next screen will give you the option to e-mail the receipt to the customer, which can also be skipped.