Setting Up Your Customer Portal
Your customer portal lets you give customers access to their order and payment information so they can easily update their information.
Clicking on the
Customer Portal under
Customers will take you to an overview page where you can view what your customer portal looks like.
When you’re viewing the overview section of the Customer Portal, you will see a screen that looks similar to this:
To begin editing your customer portal, select
Configuration from the Customer Portal Menu
Configuration, you can customize your Customer Portal settings. Work through the different screens to select the options that work for your business.
- Active – Toggle the button
Offto turn the Customer Portal on and off
- Portal Name: Select a nickname for your portal, so it’s easy to recognize
- Portal URL – This field is not editable; it is the URL customers use to access the Customer Portal
- Show Policy - Toggle the button
Offdepending on if you want to show your Merchant Policies or not
Your Merchant Policies can be modified under
General Settingsyou can view the support article on how to edit these policies or rename them here.
- Send Emails for Expired Cards: You can select
Nofrom the dropdown, or
Yes - Monthlyif you want to let customers know when their cards are expired
- Complex Passwords: Toggle the button
Offif you want customers to create complex passwords to access the portal
- Password Expiry: How often do you want customers to create a new password?
- Login Timeout: How long do you want a customer's session to last
- Number of Previous Passwords Before Repeat Allowed: The number of times a customer must re-set their password with a unique entry before re-using a previous password.
Manage what customers can and cannot do once they are logged into the Customer Portal. Toggle the radio buttons
Off to add or remove access for customers.
Require Card for Customer: Restrict Customers from deleting their payment information unless they have added an alternate card. Ex. A Customer with only one credit card on file cannot delete it until they add a new primary card.
Allow Customer Registration: If you
Allow Customer Registration, you can specify if you also want them to enter their billing, shipping, credit card, and bank account information.
If your business offers subscription plans, you can choose if you want these displayed in the Customer Portal and if customers need to agree to the payment terms (Your Merchant Policies). Toggle the radio buttons
Off to edit the access.
Save to apply your settings.
Sharing the Portal with Your Customers
If you would like to direct your customers to your portal so they can create a profile, simply copy the portal URL under
Customer Portal, and
Configuration. You can also link to this URL from your online store or website.