Test Credit Card Numbers
The Helcim Commerce API is not limited to a particular set of credit card numbers.
However, certain rules apply when using test credit card:
- Real credit cards should never be used for testing, as per PCI-DSS compliance requirements.
- Test cards should only be sent along with the test=1 field, or on a developer sand-box.
- Test cards should not be used during live processing as these will be declined by the card networks and processing charges will occur.
- Test cards must pass the Luhn algorithm, also known as the MOD 10 check.
- (*) Any valid expiry date can be used, but must be greater than the current month.
- For approval, it is recommend that you use "100" as the CVV value.
- (*) The CVV value can also be used to simulate various test responses.
Below is a list of valid test credit cards. You can also use a card-number generator.
|Card Type||Card Number||Expiry Month*||Expiry Year*||CVV*|
Test Bank Account for EFT/ACH Payments
When testing EFT/ACH payments, you can use any valid routing number, combined with a bank account number between 4-17 digits. Below is a list of valid test bank accounts:
|Financial Institution||Routing (Transit) Number||Bank Account Number|