The Helcim WHMCS Integration is at the end of its life, please contact the Helcim Support Team to learn about using the billing and subscription management tools included in your Helcim Account.
This guide will walk you through the steps to integrate your Helcim account with WHMCS.
The WHMCS integration requires the transmission of full card numbers. Accounts sending full card numbers via the Helcim API are subject to enhanced review, and are required to independently meet the obligations of PCI SAQ-D. Please reach out to our Guru team at email@example.com or 1-877-643-5246 prior to completing your sign up if you are planning to integrate with WHMCS. Learn more about sending full card numbers here.
Before getting started you will need the following:
Download the Module
- WHMCS 7.4
- Helcim account with gateway feature enabled. Please contact us to have this feature enabled on your account.
- The Helcim module for WHMCS (link above)
- PHP with cURL module enabled
- Valid SSL cert and PCI DSS validation
Notice Regarding Security
While this module uses tokenization for card storage due to the way WHMCS is currently designed there are instances where local storage will be used. WHMCS will only call the storeremote function after a client has at least one invoice set to the Helcim Gateway. This is currently a feature request with WHMCS, more information can be found at: https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/never-store-credit-card-information-locally-when-using-a-tokenized-gateway
Helcim | Getting an API Token
- Log into your Helcim account
- Go to the API access page "Integrations > API Access"
New API Access
- Ensure Status is set to "Active", and enter a nickname for the token you will use (example: WHMCS Token)
- Check all options for transactions (example: process, view, void, refund, and settle)
- Check the terminal you will be using to process payments
- Copy the token seen under your entered "Nickname"
- Extract helcimcommerce.php to: /modules/gateways/ directory
- Activate the plugin in the WHMCS Admin area through the "Setup -> Payments -> Payment Gateways" menu
- Choose "Helcim Commerce" from the "Activate Module" drop-down and click
- Make sure "Show on Order Form" is ticked
- Enter the title to display on the payment selection portion of the checkout page
- Enter your Account ID and API Token (created above)
- Enter the gateway URL. Use: https://secure.myhelcim.com/api/
- Always be sure to process a test transaction before enabling a payment gateway into live production.