Multi-Currency Transactions - Virtual Terminal
You can process payments using only your Helcim Account and your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
There are two ways to access the Virtual Terminal in your account.
- Click on
- You can also access the Virtual Terminal from the
Transactionspage by clicking on
New Transactionand selecting the Via Credit Card option.
Once you have opened the Virtual Terminal, you can begin entering the Transaction Information.
- Select Terminal: The terminal you would like to use for the transaction
- Transaction Type: Either a
- Amount: The purchase amount
Please note that pre-authorized transactions are only valid for 7-days, after which time they will expire. If it has been more than 7 days from when you processed a pre-authorization the status will change to EXPIRED in your Helcim account.
Next, you can add the customer information.
Leaving the radio button as
On will allow you to manually add new customer information into the text boxes to create a new customer. If the customer already exists in your Customer Manager, turn Auto-Generate to
Off to search through your customer list and select the customer you want to assign the transaction to.
If you have selected an existing customer, their credit card information will auto-populate in the Credit Card Information field. You can also manually enter the information.
You can also apply the transaction to an outstanding invoice by turning the radio button
Off for Auto-Generate and searching in the text box for the invoice you want to reference. Clicking in the text box will also give you the option to select
Add New Invoice.
If you select
Add New Invoice additional fields will populate so you can customize your invoice.
Now, use the text boxes and drop-down fields to enter your information.
- Type: Use the drop-down to select the type of invoice you're creating
- Invoice Number: This will auto-generate, or you can manually edit the information
- Currency: Use the drop-down to select the correct currency
- Sales Tax Amount: Enter the tax for the invoice
- PO Number: If a Purchase Order Number is required you can enter it here
- Extra: Use this text box to add additional comments or details if needed
AVS Information is mandatory for merchants who signed up for Helcim on or after June 1, 2020. For merchants using Helcim's Legacy System, mandatory AVS Information will be rolled out in the coming month.
Using AVS helps protect your business from potentially fraudulent transactions. AVS information is required to store payment information in the card vault or accept a card-not-present payment. Learn more about preventing fraud in card-not-present transactions here. The Address Verification Service information will auto-populate if you have selected an existing customer. Otherwise, you can manually enter the information.
When all the information has been entered click on
Process to complete the transaction.