Troubleshooting the Helcim Payments App
The information in this article pertains to merchants who have signed up for Helcim from June 1, 2020, onward. If you are using Helcim's Legacy system, please click here.
Please confirm you have the latest version of the Helcim Payments App installed, you can see the latest versions here.
Here are how to navigate potential errors with the Helcim Payments App.
Token Required for the First Login
A token will be requested if an administrator on your account has not yet logged into the Helcim Payments App on that specific device. There are two ways to move forward:
- Have the administrator on your Helcim account login first on that device. Once they have logged into the app all other employees will be able to login.
- If employees other than the administrator on the account would like to login first, they will need to login to their Helcim Accounts on a web browser and then create a new device.
You Can't Login or the App Displays Synchronize Your Device
This may be a compatibility issue, please double check your device is support by the Helcim Payments app. You can view a list of the supported devices here.
Once you have confirmed that your device is supported, try deleting the app and downloading it again.
When Downloading the App on a Workstation the Device Renames the File
On occasion you may encounter an error downloading the Helcim Payments app on a workstation device (Laptop or Computer) because the file is being renamed. This occurs when the device is running an antivirus program and the antivirus program renames the file. If this happens on your device, follow these steps:
- Find the file that was downloaded on your device
- Rename the file, it needs to end in .pkg
- You can rename a file by right-clicking on the file and selecting rename
- Once it is renamed double click on the file to launch the app and it should install properly